Just a Little Something Extra.....

You can follow some of my shenanigans at twitter.com/foshead.

January 10, 2012

Trust me, it's evil.......

Well, I said that I was going to do better in the New Year and I’m going to try and stick to that. I’m going to do better with the posts.  People have been getting on me about going so hard on lil’ mama and I guess I should stop.  Plus, I just need to post more for y’all to read.  So, without further ado……
It’s a shame that I have to start the New Year off in such a bad way.  Not even 2 weeks into the 2012 I had to break lil’ mama off something proper.  Let me preface this post with this; I don’t know Mark Zuckerberg personally and I’m pretty sure that he is a nice guy. By all accounts he donates to charities, is a good citizen and is definitely smart as hell.  He created something that has taken the world by storm and life as we know it will never be the same again because of this creation.  However, Facebook is EVIL!  Don’t take this the wrong way because in no way am I trying to call Mr. Zuckerberg a Satanist or anything like that but Facebook is the work of the Devil!  Also, please keep in mind that I am no religious nut job that is trying to save you from damnation.  Nope, not at all.  I have a hard enough time trying to save my own ass.  I’m just a father who has been scorned by Satan’s tool.
Maybe I am a little overprotective or maybe a little old fashioned but I don’t think an 11 year old should have a Facebook account, that’s just me.  Too much happens on the internet these days and kids don’t realize it.  However, little did I know how I was being fooled.  Come to find out, lil’ mama had a Facebook account……under an alias!  WTH?  Really?  Not even trying to be funny, I didn’t even think my daughter was slick enough for that.  I was shocked to hell!  An alias!  Before I totally lost my sh*t I was actually amused by the fact that she though it out that much and made it happen.  Then I came to my senses and commenced to wielding my leather!
Without going into detail, she was older than she really is, living in another state, and …….talking to damn boys *****cut scene*****
Sorry, I blacked out for a second. 
Yeah, I had an Olympic style swing session that night and my arm is still sore!  Now, the conversations weren’t overly inappropriate but it was too much for my liking.  They were conversations that an 11 year old shouldn’t be having. Hell, I’ll just say it, we ain’t ready for boys yet. Period!  Well, me at least.  I know that she is going to like boys, I get it, but like them from a far.  Do you like me?  Check yes or no.  I’m cool with that.  That’s it!  She’s taking it too damn far!
I don’t think I’m unreasonable and I understand that she wants to be like the other kids.  She wants a cell phone, Facebook, watch whatever on TV, stay up all night, etc.  Hell, I’ve accommodated some of those requests in the past but what does she do…….take pictures that she doesn’t need to take on the phone, have a Facebook without asking and having inappropriate conversations, watch videos that she knows are too damn grown for her, etc.  She isn’t to be trusted and she kills her chances for normalcy.  I give her an inch and she ends up in Detroit!  
I know that some of you are going to say that it’s the parent’s job to monitor stuff and I agree.  However, lil’ mama knows that it don’t go down at home so what does she do…..act a damn fool at her mother’s and granny’s.  Man, she can’t even use the computer at home because she always wants to watch grown ass videos on YouTube.  I had to shut down computer use a long time ago. Oh, did I mention that she had the nerve to have pictures of me and Godsfavoriteshoes on her page.  Really?  Fool, I don’t even have a Facebook account so don’t have me on your damn page!  You thought you could just tag GFS and it was going to be all good?  Get off my phone with that *ish!  Man, I’m getting pissed all over again…..
I don’t even feel right not going in like I normally do so I am going to cut this post short.  I got some complaints last year about going to hard but I don’t know if I can roll with a PG-13 blog. 
This post is something Cliff Huxtable would probably do……….

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Foshead...sorry, but this is funny. It will get better. Take care bro!

Rae

laniza said...

Brother, I feel you on this one. We had to go in on our 15 year old and tumblr. Now, hubby has everything on lock--no facebook, no twitter, no nothing without permission--period!

Anonymous said...

I understand what you are saying, I have a 11 year old also. She complains everyday that all her friends are on Facabook. I told her when I go on facebook, she can go on facebook. This means she will neaver have facebook in my house. Keep doing what your doing, I think you are doing a great job.

Juanette said...

Hell naw, no Facebook, no MySpace no whatever they hell it is that's the next big thing. 11 is too young, they say 13 and up on Facebook and that's with parent's permission. I co-sign and say "Whoop That Trick" (not because I think that she's a trick but because I heard that that's @God'sFaveShoes favorite song, she so hood, lol.